Saturday, February 20, 2016

A #Fantastico Journey to "The Switzerland of the East" - Manipur

Having studied Geography for quite a long time in my career, I have been really excited to explore the North-East India comprising - Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland and Sikkim. Though difficult to explore all in a go, would visit them one by one since traveling is one of most amazing dreams and hobby.
Manipur, known as "The Switzerland of the East", the state has been on mind since long to be explored of the evergreen scenic variety, the state known for dancing and vivid cultural amazing patterns and hearing about its salubrious climate knocks my mind for giving it a long-due visit.
The excitement increased when my last one year in Delhi has been spent with one of my friend from Manipur who has been inviting me to give her a visit, and I wish SkyScanner helps me in fulfilling my this desire and promise.
The eye-captivating beauty in the pictures that my friend showed me the pictures of Loktak Lake, known to be The ONLY FLOATING LAKE in the WORLD, is the biggest freshwater lake in the North-eastern region, enthralls me each time I visit any water bodies. The serenity and peaceful environment that surrounds it has always sounded amazing to me. The idea of visiting the best world-map sites always enthuses one to travel and explore, so my first visit in Manipur would be to my friend's house and then along with my friend going this beauty-land.
My subsequent visit would be to Moirang, the place that stands near Loktak lake, having attached to it the importance of India's Freedom Struggle, where the Flag of Indian National Army was firstly unfurled on April 14, 1944. It also has the state's cultural representations in the form of Manipuri folk-dance and the traditional songs and various art forms.
Since, I am a wildlife enthusiast and a nature lover, next to be explored place on the list is Keibul Lamjao National Park lying in the vicinity of the only floating Loktak lake. The ecosystem that it offers is unique, with the unique species of dancing deer, hog deer and several beautiful migratory birds.
Another visit would be to Tamenglong for its caves, and gorges. The exotic species of orchids has also attracted me to give a visit to Tamenglong. Meadows and waterfalls in the pictures have been the eye-catcher.
Subsequently, heading to a pilgrimage site known as Shree Shree Govindajee Temple for its twin dome structure and courtyards, and also for the tall congragation halls. The visit to this place has been known for providing spiritual fervours.
Another place, Lokpaichung. It has a long mention in the World War-II lies here, Red Hill, where British and Japanese fought the battle here. It is known to have India Peace Memorial, constructed in the memory of Japanese soldiers who lost their lives. Since then it has been a place of pilgrimage for Japanese.
In the last days, the excavating place would be near the Singda Dam, in the Manipur Valley. It is known to have famous health resort known as Kangchup. The idea of relaxation and having fun around with my friend's family is a great idea.
Lastly, I would go around shopping around at Moreh, standing near Indo-Myanmar border and an All Women's market known as "IMA Market" to fulfill my long-awaiting desire to shop around from all the places I go around and collect the products from the market, for which it has been famous.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment